Forum Discussion

Gilbert_Pilz
New Contributor
16 years ago

what does the "Encode Attachments" property do?

Hi,

I'm working on testing some MTOM stuff for the WSTF and I'm using soapUI 2.5 to generate some test requests. One of the Request Properties available from the Request Editor is called 'Encode Attachments'. According to the documentation at http://www.soapui.org/userguide/request ... etails_Tab:

Encode Attachments : Tells soapUI to automatically encode attachments that have a corresponding WSDL part with the xsd-type set to either base6Binary or hexBinary.

However, regardless of whether I set this property to 'true' or 'false', my request seems to look exactly the same. I'm trying to figure out if:

1.) Something about my WSDL/request does not coincide with the conditions under which this property applies (although the corresponding WSDL part has a xsd-type of xmime:base64Binary).

2.) The implementation of this property is broken.

3.) Something else is happening.

Gilbert Pilz | SOA/WS Technologist | Middleware Standards | Oracle

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Gilbert,

Could you please tell us which exact scenario is this and where to find wsdl, since I guess we should be able to use your wsdl? Also we would need the attachments, if you can share them with us, in order to explore the exact situation. You can also send them to us directly to support@eviware.com

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for posting! This was not working for MTOM attachments, but it should be now; setting this property to true should now encode the MTOM attachment in accordance with the corresponding binary type (base64 for your WSDL). Please check it out in the upcoming nightly build and let us know if this is what you expected/need..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com