Forum Discussion

nkpalli
Contributor
7 years ago

Window Command line option in jenkins : Call multiple soapUI project files to execute in same batch

Need some suggestion or recommendation on best way to effectively create or organize soapUI test suites  written in SOAP UI ( Free Version ) .

Out test team had to  create Standalone project as we were using free version . Each individual tester had to worked on each end point as we have no flexibility for multiple people to work on same project  so we  each one worked on one end point and ended up creating   10 '.xml 'project files 

Now we are trying to Integrate SOAPUI tests with Jenkins and from windows command line option  i can pass window argument to call testrunner.bat utility and run one project file only(ABC1-soapui-project.xml)

. but i would like to run for all the ten .XML project  files located under XYZ folder.  Looks like i cannot use  something like this : C:\Users\User\XYZ\*.xml.  Any suggestions?

Here below is snippet of windows command line option i was able to execute for one project.xml file 

"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat" -sGetRBTestSuite -cGetRB -r -a -f"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestResults" -I C:\Users\User\XYZ\ABC1-soapui-project.xml

2 Replies

05ten
    Contributor

Interesting use-case. If you are bound to only using the commandline then i would try to loop it with different output folders as the testrunner does not really support multiple-projects. 

however

I really think you should utilize maven in this case. Because redfish4ktc2 has had the usecase for multiple project files before and created a maven-soapui-extension-plugin that has the test-multi goal. 

Go have a look: 

https://github.com/redfish4ktc/maven-soapui-extension-plugin

I think it would solve your use-case perfectly, and Jenkins can absolutely build using maven, there are plugins for it. 

If you need guidance on maven then just give a shout and i'll set something simple up. 

cryptton2004
    Occasional Contributor

If you're running it on windows, you could make a bat script and run that bat file. Something like this works for me:

set SOAPUI_TESTS_FOLDER=API AUTOMATION Quick Check\
    set SOAPUI_HOME=E:\tests\SoapUI-5.2.1
    set SOAPUI_RUNNER=%SOAPUI_HOME%\bin\testrunner.bat
    dir /b "%SOAPUI_TESTS_FOLDER%"

@echo off
    SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
    for /f "usebackq delims=|" %%f in (`dir /b "%SOAPUI_TESTS_FOLDER%"`) do (
    	set SOAPUI_PROJECT_NAME=%%f
            echo Running Project: !SOAPUI_PROJECT_NAME!
    	call "%SOAPUI_RUNNER%" "%SOAPUI_TESTS_FOLDER%!SOAPUI_PROJECT_NAME!" -j -I -f "report\%BUILD_NUMBER%\"
    )