Forum Discussion

MFABT
New Contributor
4 years ago

SoapUI Licence Activation

Hello,

Last Friday was the last day for one of my collaborators and we had to deactivate his license … it's was good and i receive "SmartBear deactivation / Your license has been deactivated."

And today, in order to be able to install it on the workstation of our new collaborator , we proceed to the offline activation except that we do not receive the file but a non-distribution notice:

« Remote Server returned '554 5.7.0 < #5.7.134 smtp;550 5.7.134 RESOLVER.RST.SenderNotAuthenticatedForMailbox; authentication required; Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this mailbox> »

I try to contact Smartbear Support for this problem but seems it's now a communauty system …. how can i be help with this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey

I didnt understand what you meant by "community system".

Youre post is in the open source soapui forum. Have you got a license for soapui pro/readyapi!?

If "yes", what type of license have you got?

If i understand correctly, you want to move a license to a new user after the previous user left. If this is a fixed term rather than floating license, are you sure the deactivate worked?

If you still have a valid license then SmartBear would accept a support ticket....its only if the license has expired does SmartBear point you towards the opensource soapui forum.

Need a bit more info before we can help, i think!

Cheers

Rich
      MFABT
      New Contributor

Hello,

Yes, this is a commercial license for SoapUI which we acquired in 2019 and it is still valid.

Last Friday, we were able to deactivate it via the offline mode and I had received the deactivation email from "license-activation@smartbear.com"; it was good.

But yesterday, when we did the activation process in offline mode for our new employee (in the same way as we did 5 months ago for another colleague), we didn't receive the email containing the activation key but a non-distribution email "license-activation@smartbear.com
      Remote Server returned '554 5.7.0 <# 5.7.134 smtp; 550 5.7.134 RESOLVER.RST.SenderNotAuthenticatedForMailbox; authentication required; Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this mailbox> "

A few years ago, we were able to contact Smartbear Support by email (smartbear-sweden-support@smartbear.com) for another topic but on retrying the same thing, I received an automatic email redirecting me to this forum so that I would have liked to be able to open a ticket with support to manually communicate our license file to them, the email sent to license-activation as well as the email received by their mail server for analysis

We are a little stuck with this license that we want to reactivate for our new colleague

Best regards,

Michael