Forum Discussion

marianambot
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How to enable 'Transfer-Encoding: Chunked' for RESPONSE

Hi all,

I have been trying without any success to get a chunked RESPONSE by varying the response length, checking and unchecking the Preferences -> HTTP Settings -> ‘Response compression’, using a ‘Chunking Threshold’ (which is just for REQUESTs), setting a ‘Max response size’, and so on!

It’s worth to mention that the ONLY time I saw my SOAP RESPONSE with ‘Transfer-Encoding: chunked’, was when I forgot to start my Mock Service and then I proceed to run my SOAP REQUEST. The message was “There are currently 0 running SoapUI MockService” in the SOAP Body, but a chunked response was given.

Do you know any method to get a chunked RESPONSE message?

I'm using SoapUI 5.2.0. With 4.5.2 I get the same results.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mariana.

• I read in this forum that somebody wanted to force the ‘Content-Length: nnn’ header instead of ‘Transfer-Encoding: chunked’. I forced instead the ‘chunked’ header for the RESPONSE by means of the Add (+ green sign) header option in the Response window, then increased the response size and it worked finally as expected. I can see for every chunk its size and then its contents in the ‘HTTP Log’ tab. Please see attached pics.

Thanks.

Mariana.

1 Reply

marianambot
    New Contributor

I read in this forum that somebody wanted to force the ‘Content-Length: nnn’ header instead of ‘Transfer-Encoding: chunked’. I forced instead the ‘chunked’ header for the RESPONSE by means of the Add (+ green sign) header option in the Response window, then increased the response size and it worked finally as expected. I can see for every chunk its size and then its contents in the ‘HTTP Log’ tab. Please see attached pics.

Thanks.

Mariana.