Forum Discussion

Frank_Natoli
New Contributor
17 years ago

File URI and Digital Signatures

Have a document (in the format of a C4 binary image) and an XML file that contains a digital signature for the document. The digital signature contains a URI reference to the document (i.e., the C4 file). If I use SoapUI to move the C4 and XML files, SoapUI changes not only the path to the files (which is understandable) but also the filenames. The change to the filenames, particularly for the C4 document, makes it impossible to validate the digital signature in the XML file, since the URI to the C4 document is hopelessly broken. Is there a work around for this situation? Thanks.

5 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Frank,

thanks for your post..  I don't really understand this :-) What do you mean by "moving" the files with soapUI? Are they attachments? Or request?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • The files come down as attachments (as part of the response) from the SOAP server.  The attachments have are given an alphanumeric string as an id. A file or document that starts life as "/export/home/frank/123.C4" on one system ends up "/newpath/.../foo.C4", and "/export/home/frank/123.XML" ends up "/newpath/.../foo.XML" after the SoapUI operation.

My problem is, the digital signature in 123.XML (foo.XML) references a URI of 123.C4 and not foo.C4. Hence digital signature validation fails, since the XMLDSIG cannot resolve the URI reference.

Thanks for your time.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

ok.. so the problem is that the content-id of the attachment is not used correctly as the file name when saving the attachment to a file!? Can you send a dump of the responses Raw editor so I can see the entire http response including the attachments?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Is the below what you need? Thanks for your time.

Actual file id is:T-251-530,64959,,,1,0001,0001,,
    But note cid

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

no :-) please instead send the contents of the http-log (tab at the bottom of the main window) after you've made your request (clear it first so it doesn't contain old requests..)

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com