Forum Discussion

MarkusReiser
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Ready! API 1.4.1 - Error with RunTestCase with DataSink

I have two simple TestCases.

"TestCase 1" with one "TestStep A" (DataSink = DataConnection) and a second "TestCase 2" with a "TestStep B" (Run TestCase). In "TestStep B" I call "TestCase 1".

• If I Run "TestCase 1" all is correct and no errors occur.
  • But if I run "TestCase 2" then I get the following Error: TestCase [TestCase 2] failed [java.lang.NullPointerException:java.lang.NullPointerException], time taken = 0

I detected the following:

• For "TestStep B" I set the Run TestCase Option: Run Mode = Create isolated copy for each run (Thread-Safe).
  • If I set the Run Mode to Run primary TestCase (fail if already running). Then no errors occur.

Here is a the text from the "error.log" of the program bin folder:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.replaceNode(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.remove(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Collections$SetFromMap.remove(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.removeProjectListener(WsdlProject.java:1165)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.datasink.JDBCConnectionDataSink.release(JDBCConnectionDataSink.java:431)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlDataSinkTestStep.release(WsdlDataSinkTestStep.java:92)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCase.release(WsdlTestCase.java:858)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlRunTestCaseTestStep.run(WsdlRunTestCaseTestStep.java:261)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.WsdlRunTestCaseStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(WsdlRunTestCaseStepDesktopPanel.java:216)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Markusreiser,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve created an issue to our R&D team so that they could investigate it.

I’ll post the news here.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Markusreiser,

Our R&D team are fixing this issue right now. Could you please install the latest nightly build in several hours?

MarkusReiser
        Occasional Contributor

I use the snapshop from the 18.09.2015.

The error isn't fixed. It is a little bit better. If I run the Testcase the first time all is ok. If I run the Testcase a second time I got another NullPointerException Exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.setVariable(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:147)

Also other things don't work in this version. I have no time to write this down here.

I now have no more time be a tester for you and I hope that you can fix the main bugs in this version.

Until now I can't use the new version for Ready! API for my projects and i will still use version 1.3.1

Sorry :-(