Forum Discussion

marshallbell
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

testrunner.bat - No valid SoapUI NG license exists

Hello,

We are using the SoapUI testrunner to verify web service availability.  Our monitoring solution executes a script we've written (vbscript) which in turn executes the SoapUI testrunner.

I was temporarily using one of our floating license, which worked fine, but received our fixed license key today.  I launched Ready! API using run-as and providing the service account credentials and installed the license successfully.  I used the service account that our monitoring solution uses to execute the vbscript.

Since switching to the fixed license file, I now get the error 'No Valid SoapUI NG license exists'.

I'm stumped!  I'm able to reopen Ready! API via run-as and my service account credentials and the license still appears valid.

I've even tried using the -l (lower-case L) and provide the path to my activated license file.  Still no-go.

Thanks,

Marshall

marshallbell
    8 years ago

Per SmartBear support, the work around for this defect is to modify the TestRunner.bat (yes this should make you uneasy) and alter the JAVA_OPTS variable to include two additional parameters:

-Duser.name=<username> -Duser.home=C:\Users\<username>

when specifying the <username> I did not have to provide any domain information even though my service account was a domain account.

Marshall

4 Replies

SmartBearAmber
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Is the Service Account running the script on the same physical machine you were able to access Ready! API on?

marshallbell
      Occasional Contributor

Yes - the script is executed on the same machine that the license was installed on.