Forum Discussion

dclough
New Contributor
3 years ago

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted

After the update to readyAPI 3.10.2, api requests to an older system have begun to fail out of the gate.

Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS13, TLS12]

The issue has presented with only this one legacy server.  Is it possible to have TLS settings changed to TLS1.0 at a project or API level?  Or perhaps for a single user in the :\Users\*\.readyapi file?  ReadyAPI is installed in a multiuser system, I do not want to make the change global in the vmoptions file unless there were no other options.  But if I adjust the TLS version to TLS10, this may cause issues with the others.

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey dclough,

Im on my phone at moment so cant check at moment, but arent there TLS/SSL settings in the Preferences?

If theyre in there they probably global, but (ive never used it myself) would saving your project to a separate "workspace" allow different TLS/SSL settings? (Thats a guess on my part)

I'll have a look tomorrow when im in front of my laptop

Cheers

Rich