Forum Discussion

ckhim
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

bamboo variable

Hi SoapUI Community,

Can bamboo variable be referred  in soapUI *.xml file or in soapUI application?

I have not came across any reading that mentioned about this.

Thanks

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Would you mind elaborating your question?

You mean to say that you wanted to pass some value to SoapUI Project?
      ckhim
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Roa,

Thank you for your help. 

1) Yes, I would like to find out if I can pass bamboo variable/value to soapUI/readyAPI application or its *.xml file. 

I did some google search. So far, there is no indication that this is possible.

2) Can the endpoint be parameterized? If so, can it be parameterized/trigger/pass to from bamboo?

For example, we are working on multiple environments, such as development, integration, and production environment. During test development, we are messing around inside development environment. During this time as well, we configure bamboo to run soapUI automatically with schedule. When everyone is ready to go to production, we would like to be able to pass in (change dev.server.org to int.server.org .. or prod.server.org).

My research shows that we can do a groovy script to parameterize the endpoint within soapui??. Is this the only way?

Also, I have not came across anything that mentions we can pass in dev or prod value from bamboo to soapUI.

Thank you

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Yes, it is possible to pass arguments. How are you calling executing soapui project? Using testrunner utility?
        Then pass -e <endpoint>.

Other provide details.