Forum Discussion

DouglasY
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Warnings "since there is no valid repository"

Since my upgrade to ReadyAPI 2.3.0, I'm seeing warnings in the ReadyAPI log like these for every test case in my project:

Fri May 11 11:59:56 PDT 2018:WARN:The test run data of the test case 'Test Case 001' will not be stored, since there is no valid repository.
Fri May 11 11:59:56 PDT 2018:WARN:The test step run data (information about the latest runs) of the test case 'Test Case 001' will not be stored, since there is no valid repository.

What valid repository is it looking for? When I run the same project with ReadyAPI 2.2.0 or 2.1.0, these warnings do not occur.

AAB
    5 years ago

Hi Tanya,

After update to version 2.8.0 I looked into this file but the element is not present. So I've added it and now I don't have the error message anymore. Nevertheless, something wrong is going on with V2.8.0. I'll write another ticket for this.

Kind Regards,

AboveAndBeyond

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi,

for v2.3.0 - was there a change to the archiving of test history?  I think I remember someone mentioning this - but I can't quite remember.

Can you try and enable/re-enable your test case history and see if that has any impact?

the warning message seems to indicate it could be something to do with test history.....

cheers,

richie

• Hi,

I was able to suppress the "WARN [WsdlTestCasePro] The test run data of the test case 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' will not be stored, since there is no valid repository." by enabling the Test History disabled in ReadyAPI UI version in Windows. But still I get the "WARN [WsdlTestCasePro] The test step run data (information about the latest runs) of the test case 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' will not be stored, since there is no valid repository." 

Also please guide me to supress the same warning in linux headless machine, as I run the scheduled tests in Linux headless machine.

AAB
      Regular Contributor

Hello,

I suddenly have the same issue in version2.8.0!?

TanyaYatskovska  could someone help us please?

Thanks in advance.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi AAB,

Thanks for reaching out to me.
        As far as I understand, the WARN messages stating no valid repository are related to the test history feature storing results. Do you have -Dtest.history.disabled=true set in the {ReadyAPI install}\bin\ReadyAPI.vmoptions file? If so the test history feature is disabled and ReadyAPI is not able to store the test history results.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/soapui/results/history.html