Forum Discussion

amarnath1234
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

WADL QUERY

1)when we create a new project how to get WADL file name or URL   or    REST URL ?

in my project I found this but I am not understand from where we got this URL,is it related to license or something else ?

2)what is the difference between WSDL and WADL ?can we use WSDL in rest payload?

attached doc for reference.I just import this project and worked.

• Hi amarnath1234

A .wadl file can be considered the REST equivalent of a SOAP services .wsdl file.

The .wsdl (stands for webservices definition language) defines the listening webservice, such as method (e.g.POST,GET, etc.) along with the soap container and the SOAP services URL. A soap service doesn't use uri/template, query or header parms whereas a REST api does.

The URLS in a SOAP or REST api are determined by the developers who are defining the service/api from the requirements....its nothing to do with licensing.

I suggest reading up on REST, SOAP, .wsdl, .wadl and then come back with more questions. Restfulapi.net is a decent place to start. There's a lot of theory that you need to understand to be able to use readyapi!/soapui effectively.

Ta,

Richie

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi amarnath1234

A .wadl file can be considered the REST equivalent of a SOAP services .wsdl file.

The .wsdl (stands for webservices definition language) defines the listening webservice, such as method (e.g.POST,GET, etc.) along with the soap container and the SOAP services URL. A soap service doesn't use uri/template, query or header parms whereas a REST api does.

The URLS in a SOAP or REST api are determined by the developers who are defining the service/api from the requirements....its nothing to do with licensing.

I suggest reading up on REST, SOAP, .wsdl, .wadl and then come back with more questions. Restfulapi.net is a decent place to start. There's a lot of theory that you need to understand to be able to use readyapi!/soapui effectively.

Ta,

Richie