Forum Discussion

cdunne
Contributor
17 years ago

SoapUI adding in existing tags

Hi,

I've got a strange one here, not sure if its a problem with the WSDL's i'm importing in my project or if a SoapUI issue.

I have a method which I am testing and the request I send is generated from a log before being cut and paste into the XML view. If I send the request everything is fine but if navigate to the form view and send the request the request fails.

It appears when I navigate to the form view the tool adds in extra tags which already exist and where populated

Mr
                  Sudershan
                  Venugopal
                  Meteor Bill
                  Meteor Bill
                  Number
                  Irish Passport

venugopal.sudershan@meteor.ie

If I delete out the extra tags and navigate back to the the form view the get populated. Any suggestions what is going on?

Cormac

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Cormac,

hm.. what if you move the existing EmailContact tag to the position where soapUI inserts it (before switching to the Form editor)? You could also try validating the XML request (Alt-V in the editor), just to see that the EmailContact tag is not incorrectly placed..

Let me know where this gets you..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

I can fix the Request message by removing the tag, the only problem is if I navigate to the form view, SoapUI will add the empty tag back in. I suppose I could just avoid using the form view for that particular Request.

Cheers

Cormac
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Cormac,

yes, until we fix this you'll just have to avoid the Form view for this request.. sorry..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com