Forum Discussion

davinci020
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

SSL Key fields in all teststeps are lost when upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6 and higher.

Assuming you made a complete Testsuite, Projects, Testcases and tons of Teststeps with ReadyAPI 2.5.

In all teststeps you've filled in the certificates (i.e certificate_xxx.p12).

When upgrading to ReadyApi 2.6 or higher;

» all SSL Key fields are empty/gone... this is really bad! Because now you'll have to re-enter SSL Key fields for every testep manually after updating ReadyAPI!

» SSL Key fields are dropdown-only since ReadyApi 2.6 (so you can not type/write variable SSL Key's variable anymore) Once upon a time, it was able to make SSL Key's variable so you can easily switch from different environments without adjusting all teststeps one-by-one.

Dear developers, can you please repair the SSL Key fields?

I'm a PRO user and have been skipping all updates since 2.5 :(

• Just for future reference, the defect has been fixed and it should be included in the next product version to be released in February.

• Confirmed: After upgrading to ReadyAPI 3.1 the problem is solved:

» The SSL Keystore field is a dropdown & textarea

» I'm able to 'write' (variablies) in the SSL Keystore field for each teststep

» The SSL keystore is reading values from older ReadyAPI versions (ie ReadyAPI 2.5)

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi davinci020,

I can't help with this, but i remember someone else having this issue and raising a post on the forum because of it.
    I can't remember whst the workaround for the issue was, but if i remember correctly a solution was found (maybe an event?)

Suggest you search the forum....the post was submitted in the last 18months i believe.

Ta

Rich

made the same comment a while
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Just for future reference, the defect has been fixed and it should be included in the next product version to be released in February.

davinci020
        Occasional Contributor

Confirmed: After upgrading to ReadyAPI 3.1 the problem is solved:

» The SSL Keystore field is a dropdown & textarea

» I'm able to 'write' (variablies) in the SSL Keystore field for each teststep

» The SSL keystore is reading values from older ReadyAPI versions (ie ReadyAPI 2.5)