Ask a Question

[Resolved] Tomcat server chance of memory leak warning

Alcatel-Lucent__5
Occasional Contributor

[Resolved] Tomcat server chance of memory leak warning

I'm getting these warning while stopping the tomcat server. Any solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Apr 3, 2013 2:03:25 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] registered the JDBC driver [com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.DriverProxy] but failed t
o unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very lik
ely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-40] but has failed to stop it. This is very l
ikely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [SoapUIGroovyClassLoader] but has failed to stop it.
This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [AWT-Windows] but has failed to stop it. This is very
likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [SoapUIGroovyClassLoader] but has failed to stop it.
This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl
$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1] (value [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1@4d37e5]) and a value of type [java.util
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@190d1e8, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@c5119e]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
topped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$1] (value [org
.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$1@7b0fb]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@f44031]) but failed
to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1] (value [o
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@914272]) but
failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1] (value [org.apache.x
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1979a36]) but failed to remove it wh
en the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1] (value [o
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@d8355]) but f
ailed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl
$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1] (value [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1@4d37e5]) and a value of type [java.util
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@129645a, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@7b7b5d]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1] (value [org.apache.x
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@e038c4]) but failed to remove it whe
n the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@aee908, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@14510ac]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1499616]) but
failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1c8c58]) but failed to remove it whe
n the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:41 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:41 PM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tomcat server chance of memory leak warning

Hi,

I apologize for the slow response. We've seen your issue, but investigation is proving to be a bit difficult. We're working on it, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arian
SmartBear Software

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: [Open] Tomcat server chance of memory leak warning

Hi,

These are normally not something you have to worry about. I am assuming you are using a mock war deployment right?
SoapUI does all sorts of things with both class loaders and threads that you would normally not do in a production class web application.

If you run into actual memory leaks with out of memory errors occurring then it may actually be a leak.
If you are worried I suggest you simply schedule a nightly restart of the Tomcat but I don't think there is much to worry about.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: