Forum Discussion

rajs2020
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI debugger - Why does it hang when I stop it?

The ReadyAPI debugger hangs for several minutes when I debug a test case and stop in well before the last step. How do I find out why this happens? When should I use the ReadyAPI debugger and when should I avoid it i.e. are there any documented limitations?

sonya_m
    4 years ago

rajs2020 I agree with Richie on the version question, 3.0.0 is an old one, and this might be causing issues.

I would encourage you to ask if the upgrade to the newest version is possible (v. 3.4.5).

If the issues don't go away, I think contacting support would be the next step

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey rajs2020,

What version of ReadyAPI! are you running?
    My debugger doesn't hang at all.

Does your weird debugger behaviour occur exactly the same for different scripts of length and complexity?

What does your task manager indicate for your resourcing?

Cheers,

Rich
      rajs2020
      Frequent Contributor

What version of ReadyAPI! are you running?
      3.0.0 and I doubt if I'll be allowed to upgrade it.

Does your weird debugger behaviour occur exactly the same for different scripts of length and complexity?
      I did not try it with different scripts. I was debugging steps & not script.

What does your task manager indicate for your resourcing?
      I think it was close to 1gb ram when I force shut it yesterday.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

rajs2020 I agree with Richie on the version question, 3.0.0 is an old one, and this might be causing issues.

I would encourage you to ask if the upgrade to the newest version is possible (v. 3.4.5).

If the issues don't go away, I think contacting support would be the next step