Forum Discussion

rwilson352
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI (SoapUI Pro) and SoapUI (free) on same PC

I have ReadyAPI (SoapUI Pro) on my PC. Some members of my team have SoapUI (free version) on theirs. Oftentimes, I need to switch to SoapUI free to mimic their environment. To accomplish this, I setup a workspace for ReadyAPI (readyapi_workspace) and another, separate workspace for SoapUI (soapui_workspace). However, whenever I boot either program, it uses the settings of the other. i.e., if I: 1) open SoapUI, 2) switch workspace to soapui_workspace, 3) open ReadyAPI -- the workspace in ReadyAPI will be the soapui_workspace. Then if I 4) switch ReadyAPI to readyapi_workspace the next time I close/open SoapUI, the workspace will be the readyapi_workspace in SoapUI. Whatever you do in one affects the other. The entire purpose of workspaces in these Eclipse environments is to avoid this.

Is there a way to make the two programs completely independent and ignorant of each other so that changing one does not affect the other, specifically the default workspace?

• Have separate settings file for both pro and free editon. And copy them under respective installation bin directory.
    Use commandline to invoke the tool from the respective bin directory. Now you can see in the console which settings file is used.
    The utility scripts are readiapi.sh / .bat or soapui.sh/.bat

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have separate settings file for both pro and free editon. And copy them under respective installation bin directory.
    Use commandline to invoke the tool from the respective bin directory. Now you can see in the console which settings file is used.
    The utility scripts are readiapi.sh / .bat or soapui.sh/.bat