Forum Discussion

pskitsme92
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI-Azure : how to increase timeout when running testcases in testrunner in azure pipeline

I have been running some test cases in ReadyAPI windows application and increase the timeout for the testcases so they runs OK, but when running with the testrunner-commandline in Azure pipeline, some of the test cases times out. These test calls Selenide (Selenium) teststeps, where we have implemented some automated GUI test and they take a longtime to execute. Is there an options for the testrunner - test cases timeout, there is a testrunner bat file but does not include an obvious testcase-timeout option.

mattb
    3 years ago

Hi, 

So I expect the GUI test is what is really taking the extended duration for the execution. Would it be possible to separate the GUI/API test in stages of the same release? It might be easier to set the timeout for a GUI specific test, and have the API test run in parallel or as a before/after event 

7 Replies

pskitsme92
      Occasional Contributor

Hej,

Thanks for your reply, yes I have seen that you can set  the option TestCase-TimeOut in Ready API windows application but how would you do that  when you call the test in Azure pipe line running test case in TestRunner, . I expect some option should be set in "testrunner.bat".??

pskitsme92
      Occasional Contributor

Hej thanks for your reply but can you set the time out for example to 1:30 minutes, My test case runs for 1 hour and 30 inutes since I have GUI test included.

BR Pierre

mattb
        Staff

Hi, 

So I expect the GUI test is what is really taking the extended duration for the execution. Would it be possible to separate the GUI/API test in stages of the same release? It might be easier to set the timeout for a GUI specific test, and have the API test run in parallel or as a before/after event