Forum Discussion

bruiiser
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

ReadyAPI 2.1 macOS Sierra: Windows steal focus from new window, pushing new window to background

Since upgrading to 2.1 I have encountered a behavior where a particular window spawns another window due to user interaction and the new window is initially pushed to the background, with the originating window taking focus. The case that is reproducible every time is when using the 'Auth Manager' feature. Selecting the 'Auth Manager' ring menu option spawns the 'Auth Manager - Default environment' window where one or more authorization variations can be defined. In my case I have several environment specific OAuth profiles. Selecting a profile then displays the 'Profile parameters' form that allows a request to be generated for a new OAuth access token. Selecting the 'Get Access Token' form button spawns a new 'Get Access Token' window that is immediately sent to the background behind the current 'Auth Manager - Default environment' window. It flashes forward momentarily but immediately looses focus and backgrounded. In order to bring the new 'Get Access Token' window to the foreground for use the originating window must be clicked on again which then brings the new window to the foreground.

I've searched the forum but have not found a similar incident or report. I've also tried the nightly builds for the 2.1 release and so far all have exhibited the same behavior. Any hints or other directions would be appreciated, or followup questions. Thanks for reading all of this.

=bwh=

2 Replies