Forum Discussion

WirtRo48
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Possible to run ReadyAPI 2.5 with guava version > 23

Hi.

I can see that there is a guava.jar library in the lib directory for ReadyAPI 2.5 (guava-20.0.jar). I would like to start ReadyAPI 2.5 with a newer version of this lib.

Unfortunatelly, when I try to change the jar file to a newer version - ReadyAPI won't start.

My question: is it possible to run ReadyAPI 2.5 with a newer version of guava.jar? If so, how could this be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

/Ronald

• Our general advice would be - keeping ReadyAPI updated to avoid such issues. Is there a particular reason you don't want to update the tool? 2.5 is quite outdated. The new version is ReadyAPI 3.4.5.

2 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Our general advice would be - keeping ReadyAPI updated to avoid such issues. Is there a particular reason you don't want to update the tool? 2.5 is quite outdated. The new version is ReadyAPI 3.4.5.

WirtRo48
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sonya.

I solved the issue by upgrading to 2.8.2. There one can find a newer gauva version (28.0).

Regarding your question while I hestitate to upgrade - I run a lot of groovy scripts with ReadyAPI. My experience with ReadyAPI 3.3.1 is that it take quite a while (2- 3 min) to get a script running. Hence, I'll rather stay with 2.x. 

Best regards,

Ronald