Forum Discussion

Cata
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Parsing large JSON responses

Hi there, I have some API requests that return a very large JSON response (about 8mb/ 400k lines) and I'm having trouble parsing them. So I'm using a Groovy script to try and parse the response b...
    richie
    3 years ago

Hey Cata,

so your Xmx is 7992Megs - so that should be enough to cover off 6 Gigs worth of memory usage.  Take it up a little further perhaps?

Have you checked the logging at all?  I think you said the whole app just hangs and crashes - but perhaps content was still being written to the logs.

Im on my work Mac at the moment so cant check my Windows laptop (where my ReadyAPI instance is) - but I think (going on memory) the logs write to files in something like C:\Users\<profile>\ and there's a I think either a hidden ReadyAPI folder that contains the log files.

Helpful detail may have been written to the logs - but for now I'm still going with my suggestion that youre running out of resource.

You could always execute the tests in headless mode?  i.e. execute the test via testRunner (command line) - that will minimise the RAM usage quite a bit.

ta

Rich