Forum Discussion

ITAbteilung
Contributor
13 years ago

NPE every 3 seconds into logfile

Hello,

we have a problem and we can not find where it comes from. We also can not recreate it, it seems that it sometimes appears, sometimes not. I want to describe it and maybe you have an idea:
We deployed several Mockservices to a Webserver. We use the wardeployer.sh and the option -c {path-to-scripts}. Everything works fine but in some cases (we cannot distinguish these cases), it starts to write the following NPE to the soapui-errors.log file every 3 seconds approximately. It doesn't stop, so if the server runs for some days, we have hundreds of megabytes of logfiles ( soapui-errors.log.1 , soapui-errors.log.2, ... ).

ERROR [errorlog] java.lang.NullPointerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException:
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProProjectGroovyClassLoader.getScriptsFolder(SourceFile:125)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.syncExternalClasses(SourceFile:98)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.run(SourceFile:80)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

It doesn't affect any functionality, but we want to keep our logfiles clean.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You have set Groovy script folder for your project. When you deployed war file project can not find it. Btw. what is this wardeployer.sh ?

robert
    /Smartbear
  • I mean wargenerator.sh (a SoapUI tool located in /bin). Yes, I set the path for the groovy script folder and so I can use all the scripts inside. It works. But I get these exceptions...
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Can you create a sample project so we can reproduce this?

robert
    /Smartbear