Ask a Question

Manual test while running a load test?

SOLVED
sneff
New Contributor

Manual test while running a load test?

Is it possible to run a manual test while a load test is being executed?   I have tried having the manual steps as their own test case, test suite, and even project.

3 REPLIES 3
msiadak
Community Hero

I have not tried this myself, no, but I would be hard pressed to see a viable reason for this within the constraints of running a performance/load test. A manual test would stop whatever load tests are being ran and would likely skew the metrics.  I'll see if I can find any documentation on this though.

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
sneff
New Contributor

My team is looking to load test while manual testing as a way to evaluate user experience while the system is under load.  I understand this could be created with the performance license and setting up assertions based on server response time, however we do not have the license purchased/installed yet so we can not accomplish this with just one tester.

msiadak
Community Hero

By "manual" test I made the assumption you meant the Manual Test Step, which requires user input. I apologize, because I believe you mean that you have a series of regular tests that you run manually that you want to have going at the same time as the Load Test.

You are right, without a license the Performance test functionality is limited. You could try using the Load Test Runner batch file/script to launch the load test, and then run your manual/regular tests via the GUI interface. That might work. You can check the documentation on that here. 

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: