Forum Discussion

chanukya
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Jenkins: "License Not Found" Issue

Hi,

I have been using ready api for rest api testing. I have a huge composite project built which contains around 40 test suites. I did use tagging mechanism to I can group couple of test cases/test suites to run on different jenkins jobs. I use maven pom style to execute my ready api project.

Problem: Often my tests fail randomly due to random issues. So I have to retrigger the whole jenkins job to rerun the test suite which is time consuming.

Solutions1): I am trying to find a way to just re-trigger only the failed test cases after the whole jenkins build is complete. I know jenkins allows to build on failure but I would like to access only the failed test cases and re-run them

Solution2): I am trying out  SoapUI Functional Testing plugin which would allow me to run independent test cases. (https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/integrations/jenkins.html

I installed jenkins server locally on my machine right now to try the plugin. But I am stuck on "Liscence not found" issue. I followed https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/general-info/licensing/troubleshooting/jenkins.html but I have a quick at finding the "the credentials of the Windows user account you will use to run SoapUI." I have a fixed liscence file given by my company but not any credentials to run or install soapui pro.

Could you please assist me in this. Where can I get the credentials from.

• Hey chanukya,

I'm answering this cos no one's answeded this yet, but im not very knowledgeable with jenkins setup, but i'm aware the user you're using to run readyapi! should be the same user used for local jenkins (i've been present when other people have stumbled on this when setting up on their machines).
    I'm also aware that the fixed term license (rather than a floater) is a per machine, per user licensing pattern so if you created a second useraccount to run on your machine (either local or domain) and logged onto your machine with the new account the ReadyAPI! license wouldn't be valid and ReadyAPI! would shut down, so if your ReadyAPI! is successfully running on your local machine when you've logged into it, then the useraccount for jenkins should be that useraccount.

In your comment you mention "i have a fixed license file given by my company but not any credentials to run or install soapui pro". You're not given credentials to run or install ReadyAPI!

When your ReadyAPI! fixed term per machine, per user license is installed you don't tell Smartbear the credentials you use to run ReadyAPI!, i don't know for sure but id guess that either the user that is the logged on user when the license is installed is saved in the registry somewhere (so the software wont work for other users) or perhaps the licensing info is saved in registry in per user location (e.g. maybe HKEY_USERS\specific_user_guid).

In summary....whatever the user you log onto your machine to run your local readyapi! Is the same useraccount needed for jenkins.

Hope i've provided a little clarity!

Rich

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey chanukya,

I'm answering this cos no one's answeded this yet, but im not very knowledgeable with jenkins setup, but i'm aware the user you're using to run readyapi! should be the same user used for local jenkins (i've been present when other people have stumbled on this when setting up on their machines).
    I'm also aware that the fixed term license (rather than a floater) is a per machine, per user licensing pattern so if you created a second useraccount to run on your machine (either local or domain) and logged onto your machine with the new account the ReadyAPI! license wouldn't be valid and ReadyAPI! would shut down, so if your ReadyAPI! is successfully running on your local machine when you've logged into it, then the useraccount for jenkins should be that useraccount.

In your comment you mention "i have a fixed license file given by my company but not any credentials to run or install soapui pro". You're not given credentials to run or install ReadyAPI!

When your ReadyAPI! fixed term per machine, per user license is installed you don't tell Smartbear the credentials you use to run ReadyAPI!, i don't know for sure but id guess that either the user that is the logged on user when the license is installed is saved in the registry somewhere (so the software wont work for other users) or perhaps the licensing info is saved in registry in per user location (e.g. maybe HKEY_USERS\specific_user_guid).

In summary....whatever the user you log onto your machine to run your local readyapi! Is the same useraccount needed for jenkins.

Hope i've provided a little clarity!

Rich

chanukya
      Occasional Contributor

Hi richie ,

Thanks for the update. But in this case when I entered my local user into the field and entered my system password, I keep getting "The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified".

I entered the same user I logged as. example ".\johne" even tried "johne" and password. Is there some other path I need to try in user.

Thanks

richie
        Community Hero

chanukya 

off the top of my head - the only thing that springs to mind at this point (as I already highlighted - my knowledge is theoretical - not from practice) is - are you logged on as a domain user? do you need to specify the domain? (e.g. domainname\user?

that's all I got I'm afraid!

cheers,

rich

chanukya
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks richie  that worked with domain_name\user_id. 

Do you have any solution how to just triggering failed tests instead of whole testsuite from a maven style project.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey fella,

Glad it helped!

I dont know how to trigger failed tests, but i would create a new post asking the question, so other people will see the question as thats not the issue you were stuck on initially.....its more likely people will see a new post and help.

Cheers,

Rich