Forum Discussion

andi
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

JSON Response incomplete

Hello,

i have a rest webservice returning json data. The json reponse contains the key "class". Soap UI does not display the key. I can see the "class" in the raw data.

{
   "class" : "ABC",
   "id": "123",

Displayed as:

{
   "id": "123",

Thanks

Andi

• Hey andi,

I think you should really be posting in the soapui forum rather than readyapi! one, but trying to respond anyway:

It sounds like youre having 2 different problems. The first issue was that the first name/value pair in your json response wasnt appearing in the json tab but was appearing in your raw.
    The second issue you say soapui hangs when trying to add a new testcase. Either issue we would need a lot more info to help out.

Http, soapui, and error logs for both issues
    Have you tried creating a test case using other fucntionality to do thr same thing?
    Does soapuo hang when yoy try snd create a testcase in a different soapui project?

As i say above...we wouldnt be able to help without you providing a lot more info for the issues.

Cheers

Rich

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey andi,

Can you provide screenshots of your outline, raw and json tabs just to add some clarification please?

Can you confirm the Content-Type header value on your response please? I've seen similar issues when json or xml responses dont maintain their types correctly.....

Ta

Rich
      andi
      Occasional Contributor

Json and raw tab. I don't know the outline tab.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey andi,

You haven't got an outline tab? What version are you running? Are you running the open source SoapUI? (this post might be in wrong forum)

I've seen similar behaviour when the datatype of the response was a little weird, but your type is json so its not weird.
        It looks like a bug to me.....

What happens if you have a content match assertion to verify class="LEAGUE"?

Cheers

Rich