Forum Discussion

tlhildebrand
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

JDBC Connections Issues - Incorrect URL

I am having issues with the JDBC driver and AWS MySQL databases. The test was working about a month ago but it seems after 2.1.0 I started having issues. Tested using the newest JDBC drivers and drivers that were working previously. I have verified the connection string, username, and password is working properly on another application, but when I try to connect using the JDBC test step in Soap UI Pro it says

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect URL: jdbc:mysql://servername:3306/databasename?user=XXXX&password=XXXXXX

I've seen other people having this issue and no resolution. I have tested by the JDBC driver in the bin/ext folder and the lib folder. 

6 Replies

andresmjc
    New Contributor

Does the Password you are using contain special characters like " @, &" ? I kept getting this issue and saw in another thread this was the problem. I verified the connection was good when I used a user with a password with no special characters

tlhildebrand
      Occasional Contributor

andresmjc wrote:

@Does the Password you are using contain special characters like " @, &" ? I kept getting this issue and saw in another thread this was the problem. I verified the connection was good when I used a user with a password with no special characters

I tested using a password with only basic characters and it still gave me an incorrect URL error message. I did see the thread/forum post you were talking about though, thanks.

I created an incident with Smart Bear almost two weeks ago.

kingsmartbear
        Contributor

Hi tlhildebrand:

If you want to connect your Ready API with MySQL on AWS, please try to use following connect string one more time because AWS needs secure connection in most time:
                 "jdbc:mysql://yourDBURL.amazonaws.com:3306/RD?verifyServerCertificate=false&useSSL=true&requireSSL=true", "yourAccount", "yourPassword", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

Good luck,