Ask a Question

How to activate / use SoapUI NG Pro license key via linux terminal commandline ?

karthikeayan
New Contributor

Re: How to activate / use SoapUI NG Pro license key via linux terminal commandline ?

Do you want to install a license? [y/N]: y

Thank you for the reply on the enhancement request.

Can you advice what is the file to execute for activating interactively?

When I install SoapUI Pro in linux, I haven't asked for this step. And when I start the SoapUI , I am getting exception like, no X11 variable set.

Buthrakaur
New Contributor

Re: How to activate / use SoapUI NG Pro license key via linux terminal commandline ?

I use testrunner.bat on windows, which runs soapui in commandline mode. See https://www.soapui.org/test-automation/running-functional-tests.html#1-TestRunner-description-of-par... for reference.

tusar
Occasional Contributor

Any luck on this? I also got struck here.

meyyazhagan
New Contributor

Dear helper,

I have installed ReadyAPI 1.9.0(latest version so far) on ubuntu server which is my CI Jenkins server. And am trying the test script on server manually, it working as expected but whereas in Jenkins it throws below error,

No valid SoapUI NG license exists.
Please enter absolute path of the license file (.zip or .key):
04:49:52,640 ERROR [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
04:49:52,641 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occurred [No line found], see error log for details
04:49:52,641 ERROR [errorlog] java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
java.util.NoSuchElementException: No line found
	at java.util.Scanner.nextLine(Scanner.java:1540)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.util.CommandLineUtils.readLine(CommandLineUtils.java:61)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.headless.HeadlessLicenseInstaller.installLicense(HeadlessLicenseInstaller.java:32)
	at com.smartbear.ready.license.LicenseManagerServiceImpl.a(LicenseManagerServiceImpl.java:277)
	at 

Here's the proof for license applied on server,

root@XXX:/home/admin# java -jar /home/admin/ready-api-license-manager-1.1.jar -i
Please select the tool for which license info should be printed
1. SoapUI NG
2. LoadUI NG
3. Secure
4. ServiceV
5. VirtServer
6. Ready! API TestServer
Licensed Module: SoapUI NG
License Number: [2016-03-29 00:00:00] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
License Type: PROFESSIONAL (floating)
Issue Date: 29-Mar-2016
Expiration Date: 30-Mar-2017

Kindly throw more lights on how to fix the issue in Jenkins. I really appreciate your time on helping me, thanks!!

meyyazhagan
New Contributor

The issue got resolved with following workaround.

The rootcause of the issue is, I installed the READYAPI as a root and trying to execute the  same script in Jenkins. Ideally Jenkins will run their jobs as user "jenkins" so the job is failing. Here'e the steps i followed to fix it.

Appended the below content in visudo (/etc/sudoers)

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
jenkins    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Defaults:jenkins        !requiretty

and delete the jenkins user passwd by using cmd "passwd jenkins -d" if any

then triggered the jobs and it works..Happy days!! Happy debugging!!! 
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your solution, Meyyazhagan!

It will help if someone else faces a similar issue.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: