Forum Discussion

Fabours
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

[Floating licence / ProtectionLS] Cannot create HTTPS service for floating server

Hello,

I'm having lots of trouble while setting up a fresh install of Protection Licence Server tool on a Linux Ubuntu environment.

Everything looks fine, until my script calls the Licence Manager to retrieve the floating licence.

The command in my SHELL script  :

java -jar /ready-api-license-manager/ready-api-license-manager.jar -s DISTANT_IP:1099 -c

The following errors occurs :

Reason: Failed to create HTTPS service for floating license server.

I understand the error but I cannot see why this is happening

I successfully installed and started Protection LS tool on my distant host as you can see :

2021-01-13 16:44:48,954 INFO  [main] - STARTING managementSupport
2021-01-13 16:44:49,180 INFO  [main] - STARTED managementSupport
2021-01-13 16:44:49,658 INFO  [main] - STARTED
2021-01-13 16:44:49,702 INFO  [main] - BOUND: rmi://localhost:1099/LicensingServer

The logs above are from the Protection LS v4.9.0 which is working fine on another server (EDIT: with an older v1.2.8 version of the licence-manager. It's not working with the latest 1.3.2). I also tried with Protection LS v4.9.4/v5.3.1 and I observed the same issue.

For the versions 4.9.4/5.3.1, I had to use a different port in the server.xml file (<module id="httpInterfaceModule" securePort="443"/>) since 443 was already used by our nginx.

Any idea why this error happens ?

Thanks

Fabien

• As far as I understand from the support case opened for this issue, the problem was that a license was installed but wasn't assigned to anyone.

2 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

As far as I understand from the support case opened for this issue, the problem was that a license was installed but wasn't assigned to anyone.