Forum Discussion

prometheus
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Failed to import a definition / no subject alternative names matching

Hi  all

It shows "Failed to import a definition" when I import the url from readyAPI 3.10

or "smartbear javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException no subject alternative names matching"

and shows "could not import a definition from the specified file" when I import the url from readyAPI 3.3

This RESTAPI communicate with clients via HTTPS protocol. Exchange data format is json.

This URL looks like this:  https://[ip]:[port]/[Rest_Resource]

I checked the proxy setting of ReadyAPI is on(automatic)

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey prometheus,

Im a little confused could you add in some further info to clarify please?

It sounds like youre trying to load in a definition file like a swagger/wadl/OAS. Is this correct?

You mention v3.10 but you also mention v3.3. Could you clarify what you meant by this?

You mention that youve checked and the proxy setting is set to true, but is this required by the endpoint youre trying to hit? Whether you are proxying your requests would be determined by your technical requirements. Should you be using a proxy?

SSL handshake/socket exceptions are pretty low level stuff, and this stuff needs to be set correctly before worrying about authentication/authorisation and payload wellformed/valid considerations. When ive had SSL/socket exceptions before it's something very fundamental thats been required to fix....like TLS/SSL versioning or incorrecr use of HTTP/HTTPS. What i mean is, i thought it was HTTPS when in fact the endpoint was expecting no secure HTTP. Have you checked this?

Cheers,

Rich
      prometheus
      Occasional Contributor

Hey richie 

The Application developer told me it's a free form of REST API, didn't use swagger/wadl.

I just updated our testing tool, and  there are two shortcuts on my desktop, one is for ReadyAPI 3.3 and another one is for ReadyAPI 3.10.

The technical requirement didn't mention the proxy.

I google and found some people with similar issues mentioned the proxy.

After some digging, I found it's probably a very fundamental stuff. 

Because it's HTTPS connection, so the certificate authentication is required.

I am going to try if I could store the self-signed certificate to the keystore for mutual authentication and reply to this thread later

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey prometheus,

Oh god yeah...if certs are required then without them that'd likely cause an SSL exception. Sorry you didnt mention certs otherwise i wouldve latched onto that as the probable cause

Nice one

Rich