Forum Discussion

StephenOrion
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Encoded value has % reencoded

I updated to version 3.20.1 and now I have an issue where my encoded value for : gets encoded as %253A instead of just %3A. Anyone know what setting may need to get fixed now?

4 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey StephenOrion,

Wow....your colon is being % encoded twice....that's not good!

Id guess this is a defect as this is definitely erroneous behaviour.

Raise a support ticket with Smartbear cos theyll definitely want to know about this. -->> https://support.smartbear.com/open-ticket/

Theres a disable uri encoding checkbox on the API's request properties, but im unsure if this will remove the single layer of encoding. You can try it, it might work, although id guess it depends on the rest of your URI and if you have any special chars in there excepting the colon and the forward slashes (if youre not using query parms at all, you might ok). If you dont, you might get away with it, but even then it wont fix the problem for you or anyone that has say ampersand separators.

My above thoughts are a bit of a guess as ive never come across this before.

Cheers,

Rich
  • Encountered the same problem myself today after updating to 3.20.1.
    Is there anyway for me to find out if this issue have already been reported to smartbear?

richie
      Community Hero
      TwoFang,

I dont know the answer to that. Perhaps one of the admins does, but id suggest raising a ticket anyway. The more people that moan about it, the more quickly thr issue is likely to be fixed!

Cheers

Rich