Forum Discussion

zorglups
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Cannot set Project Script Library for composite projects

Hello,

I had a look at this case but the resolution is not applicable.

First I had a project in single-file format stored under "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\flowTester-project.xml"

The project property "Script Library" contains "${projectDir}\scripts" which translates into "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\scripts".

The "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\scripts" directory contains the groovy code used by the project groovy test steps.

Everything was nice.

I could give my colleagues the content of "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\" and they were happy.

Now, we want to take advantage of Git and ReadyAPI transformed the project into a composite one.

The composite project (directory) path is then "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\flowTester-project"

The things stored in Git should contain everything needed for the project to run.

Hence, I would need to move the "script" directory under the "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\flowTester-project\" containing the composite files.

The problem is that "${projectDir}\scripts" translates into "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\scripts" and not "C:\ReadyAPI\flowTester\flowTester-project\scripts".

I tried setting "Script Library" to ${=context.testCase.getTestSuite().getProject().getPath() + '\\scripts'}

The problem is that context.testCase does not exists and the ReadyAPI log shows:

Tue Jan 24 13:45:10 CET 2023: ERROR: Error evaluating script
   java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getTestSuite() on null object
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:91)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:44)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:47)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:34)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:47)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:53)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:130)
   	at Script4.run(Script4.groovy:1)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.runAndGetResult(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:111)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:97)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:98)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.resolvers.EvalPropertyResolver.doEval(EvalPropertyResolver.java:161)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.resolvers.EvalPropertyResolver.resolveProperty(EvalPropertyResolver.java:149)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:213)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:156)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:152)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:148)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:257)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expandProperties(PropertyExpander.java:261)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProProjectGroovyClassLoader.getScriptsFolder(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:154)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.syncExternalClasses(SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.java:80)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.run(SoapUIGroovyClassLoader.java:67)
   	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

So... How can I get the project FULL path to use it to set the the Script Library for Composite Projects ?

Thank you in advance,

Pierre

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

zorglups 

Understand the problem when moved from local to git.

Can you please if you can edit the Script Library property value from "${projectDir}\scripts" to "${projectDir}\flowTester-project\scripts"?

Alternatively, have your script out of this project in git have it in a separate repo so that the same can be reused for multiple projects? Of course the property value will have to changed accordingly so that it can work for all projects.

Another point to note is that in the tool all projects are under workspace. So reflect the same directory sturcture in the git repo so that it can be used with reference.