Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
3 years ago
Solved

Can you setup >1 proxy for a request simultaneously?

Hey!

Anyway, i was trying to answer another post and it dawned on me that i dont know if you can setup >1 proxies.for a single request at the same time.

For example. Say your request needs to be proxied. You setup your request and the proxy, turn the proxy on and it doesnt work. So at this point, say you wanted to use Fiddler to see what was going on. Normally youd setup Fiddler as the proxy to capture the http/https traffic, but for the API youre testing to work properly, you already have setup a proxy for the request, so to use Fiddler, you need to setup Fiddler as the proxy.

So! Is it possible to setup multiple proxies for the same request?

Cheers

Rich
  • Hey richie. I've asked around, and it does not appear to be possible to configure ReadyAPI to use two proxies at the same time. As a workaround, would it be possible to configure Fiddler as a gateway in your setup? So ReadyAPI would send all requests to Fiddler, which in turn chains the request to the upstream proxy? That way you'd have both Fiddler and the proxy running as part of your workflow. I'm not a Fiddler expert, but from a look at their documentation it seems like this would be possible. Let me know if you think this might work! 

2 Replies

• Hey richie. I've asked around, and it does not appear to be possible to configure ReadyAPI to use two proxies at the same time. As a workaround, would it be possible to configure Fiddler as a gateway in your setup? So ReadyAPI would send all requests to Fiddler, which in turn chains the request to the upstream proxy? That way you'd have both Fiddler and the proxy running as part of your workflow. I'm not a Fiddler expert, but from a look at their documentation it seems like this would be possible. Let me know if you think this might work! 

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the idea Joe!

Hi richie , please let us know if this is helpful!