Forum Discussion

PoGo
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Can ReadyAPI (SoapUI Pro) annotate the Project, Test Suite, Test Case, Step ?

I currently use SoapUI Pro in ReadyAPI 2.8.2 to run many tests against evolving API services.

I would like to document changes to various parts of the tests but cannot seem to find a built in annotation function to record changes against the Project, the Test Suite, the Test Case, Steps, Assertions etc.

I did not want to pollute the SQL, the Requests etc. with comments but was looking for a consistent annotation function.  That allowed for broad explanation at the higher levels and more detailed explanations at the lower levels.

At present I use long descriptive Step names, SQL comments, comments in the Requests etc., but this does have it's limitations and is not consistent.

A notation feature added to all stages of the testing process would be very useful.  Maybe with a date/time stamp.  Maybe in the form of a chronological log.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to annotate tests?

Thank you.

• Hi PoGo , currently, there is no special annotation section, but, you can use the Description field on the project/TS/TC levels. If you would like to have a separate feature with timestamps, you can open a new feature request here: ReadyAPI Feature Requests.

1 Reply

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi PoGo , currently, there is no special annotation section, but, you can use the Description field on the project/TS/TC levels. If you would like to have a separate feature with timestamps, you can open a new feature request here: ReadyAPI Feature Requests.