Forum Discussion

Santhu0505
New Contributor
9 years ago

Can I Customize Virt URL in ServiceV on ReadyAPI

Hi,

I am a beginner with ReadyAPI. I would like to know if I can customize the Virt URL. By default the Virt URL contains machien name as part of it. I would like to replace it with the IP address of the same machine. Is it possible to do so.

please let me know.

Thanks,

Santhosh

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Santhosh,

May I know the reason of why you want to change it? Ready! API can work your virt by either its name or the IP address. There is no difference between this.

Santhu0505
      New Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Tanya thanks for responding. Here is the reason, actually it was setup by one of the contractors for our company. It was setup in 2 machines with 2 different licenses and one of which is using IP address. The second one I moved to another machine recently and this is where teh Virt URL by default took the host name instead of IP address. I want both of them to use IP address.

But I saw it is a non editable field. So can you please tell me how can I do this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Santhosh J

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Santhosh,

Actually, Virt URL isn’t the only one possible way to address your virt. If you want to work with your virt, you need to modify the endpoint property in your SoapUI NG project. There, you can specify either the IP address or the computer name or even http://localhost:<PortNumber>. Everything will work in this case.