Forum Discussion

Said
Contributor
2 years ago

Avoid readyapi adding sequence number to testcase filename

Hi,

I have a composite project and when you look at project.content file I have below entries

Flows\Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-4.xml
Flows\Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-3.xml

Flows\Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-5.xml

In my file system I have:

Find-Matching-Offer-Outward.xml

Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-2.xml

Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-3.xml

Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-4.xml

Find-Matching-Offer-Outward-5.xml

But I only have 1 test case "Find-Matching-Offer-Outward". How can I fix this to have only Find-Matching-Offer-Outward.xml? And how can I avoid that readyapi creates files with these sequence numbers?

Reason: we working with multiple testers with git and we want to keep our changes simple. We already have issues that every test run causes test cases to changes (cause the used data is stored with the test case by readyapi). This is also marked as a changed file in git. We want to reduce the number of unnecessary changes.

Thanks in advance,

Said

1 Reply

TNeuschwanger
    Champion Level 2

hello Said 

You might reference the content in link:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/ReadyAPI-Questions/Composite-project-warning-file-has-not-been-lo...

I saw the same issue in my project a few days ago and following the instructions from Tanya (To fix the issue) in the link, the warning log messages were resolved.  To fix the issue, delete the project.content file from the project directory. ReadyAPI will generate a new one on project opening.

I have seen this with multiple people with different versions of ReadyAPI working on the same composite project.  All users accessing a composite project should be on the same ReadyAPI version. 

Save those indexed files to different location for backup and then delete them and commit your changes back to the repo.  

If you just make a test run, exit ReadyAPI without saving so that the test content (data) does not update if it is not needed to be saved.

Regards,

Todd

Regards,

Todd