cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Execution of Projects

Parallel Execution of Projects

I have gone through scripts for parallel execution of suites or cases, but couldn't find scripts for parallel execution of projects. The script that i am going to share does the parallel execution of projects. One needs to place it as one of the test steps of a test case of a project.

import com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.DefaultPropertyExpansionContext
def project1=testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.projects["Project1 Name"]
def project2=testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.projects["Project2 Name"]
DefaultPropertyExpansionContext con1=new DefaultPropertyExpansionContext(project1)
DefaultPropertyExpansionContext con2=new DefaultPropertyExpansionContext(project2)
project1.run(con1,true)
project2.run(con2,true)

5 Comments

Hi!

There are features in the GUI for parallel execution, but you want specific support for Groovy Parallel execution?

parralel-tescase-execution.png

/niclas

nishantna
Occasional Contributor

I agree with you that one can parallely execute test cases and test suites from GUI, but as far as parallel execution of projects is concerned i couldn't find any. Using this script as a test step in any one project, one can parallely execute any number of projects.

Hmmm, interesting. I need to think of the consequences. So basically we want to be able to refer to and access projects in parallell. And I assume you just mean the SoapUI NG tests, and not the LoadUI NG tests as well?

The testrunner (which requires a separate license grant you) does not execute entire projects as well.., and there's no parrallelism....

nishantna
Occasional Contributor

Do you mean that i am in the wrong impression of parallel execution of projects through the groovy script test step that i shared?

I tried to do it using testRunner.batch file but it lead to deactivation of the license, so i chose to do it through groovy script test step.

I am concerned with SoapUI NG tests only and not LoadUI NG tests.

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Announcements
Welcome to the ReadyAPI Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements