Forum Discussion

ReeceMonkey
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Has anyone else experienced problems loading up test sets with the new TestRunner?

Has anyone else experienced a problem running a test set since the update? 

I am using a SAAS version of QAcomplete and since the update I am now unable to run one of my test sets. The set consists of 79 tests. I have tried to continue a paused run of this set as well as a new instance of the test set, both will open the new runner however nothing appears except the timer. After a couple of minutes I receive an Ajax error (see screenshot).

I have tried this in both Chrome and Firefox but neither seem to work.

If anyone has any solutions on how this can be resolved it will be greatly appreciated as I am 95% through regression testing.

BillDuff
    8 years ago

A patch has been applied to the SaaS system and does appear to have made an improvement. We have a Test Set with 100 Test Scripts in it and this would not display in the new Test Runner screen until this morning's patch.

It now displays after approx 20 seconds.

Whilst the performance is still much worse than before the "upgrade" it at least works now.

So only the issues of the fact they've made the system slower and much more difficult to use by "upgrading" the UI!

Oh and possibly try testing the changes you make properly before releasing them onto unsuspecting paying customers.

• Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply, I believe the patch has been deployed to fix this issue. 

As BillDuff mentioned there are still performance issues as in length of time to load is proportional to the amount of test cases in a set.

15 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Reecemonkey,

I see that other users faced a similar issue - our Support Team is investigating it in their test lab. Could you please contact the them and send some additional information from your computer? You can reach out to them here.

Please send us the network log from the Development console. For that:
    * run Chrome and press F12;
    * reproduce the issue;
    * in the Development console, switch to the Network tab and save the contents of the Console panel to a .log file (http://screencast.com/t/fzVLxUn5xLa);
    * send the .log file to our Support Team.

Thanks in advance.

BillDuff
    Occasional Contributor

We currently use Firefox 23.0 and IE9 and have had problems in both using the new Test Runner.

IE9 basically doesn't work. The contents of the set do not appear, the icons are squashed together on top of the tests and the timer basically doesn't work.

In Firefox the Test Set takes minutes to appear and there are a variety of other smaller annoying issues such as not being able to stop the timer no matter what you do.

All in all for a Test Management tool it has the feel of something that hasn't been tested properly. Very, very disappointing.

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Billduff,

Sad to hear that you faced this issue. Have you already reported it to our Customer Care Team along with the additional information I specified in the previous post?

BillDuff
        Occasional Contributor

Tanya, we are not using Chrome therefore cannot provide what you have requested.

lrayTalen
      Contributor

It doesn't seem like they test their software before they do a release!

TanyaYatskovska

Hello Guys,

I was informed that this problem was resolved. Please let us know if you still experience some issues.