Forum Discussion

AR
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Setup related questions

1. Setup --> System Configuration--> Screen Layouts

There is a requirement to select multiple values from the choice list. How to create custom field for this requirement under any fields in Screen Layouts?

For Eg: "TEST" is the custom field with values A,B,C. There is requirement to select any/all of the values.

2. Requirements are uploaded. After few days, let it be after 5 days, I added comment for a particular requirement. Email is not sent to the owner or Assigned To user.

How to automatically send an email when the requirement is been modified? Is there any setup needs to be changed?

3. Requirements are uploaded through Import Wizard. For a particular requirement, "Assigned To" value is added. In this case, an email is not sent to the particular "Assigned To" user.

Please let us know, how to resolve this issue.

4. There are few agile tasks which are not linked to releases. I am not able to track the status of those agile tasks in Dashboard. Is there something need to do from Setup?

5. Please provide us the Data Dictionary to create our own Dashboard Chart. I wanted to create the Dashboard chart to view the status of the AgileTasks under a particular folder. I could not find such Dashboard chat in Project Management.

Your help is appreciated. Awaiting for your response. Thanks!!

6 Replies

• Hi Ananthi -

I'm guessing you have a self-hosted installation of ALMComplete?

1) Sorry, we don't have a multi-select custom field at this time.

2) and 3) When you host on your own servers, there is definitely some email configuration that might need to be done. There is some information here about configuring email on your server.

4) Looks like a problem with the dashboard chart. We'll have to look into it - if you could make a "dummy" release for now you should see the data that you need.

5) There is a link to the Data Dictionary in the User's Guide - just click on Help Center at the top right of the screen, select either formats for the User's Guide and search for Dictionary

Hope this helps!

AR
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Barbara!!!!!!

This is related to Email configuration

1. The users are getting Email when they are importing the data. - Happy Path, no issues.

2. Few users are not getting Email when the new UserId is created in ALM.

3. While modifying the data, Email is not sent.

On the whole, Email is sent through ALM but not everytime. Under this situation, do you suggest to do the workaround given by you for Email Configuration?

Please reply, waiting for you response.

• Hi!

Have the emails ever worked or is this the first time you are using them? If it's the first time, then it's a good idea to verify the configuration with the article.

Also, keep in mind that every user determines his/her own email alert settings. Make sure they have the desired alerts set on for each team member. You can view other users' alert settings from the Home tab / Email Alerts / Update Email Alerts for Multiple Users.

Some mail servers don't like the way we "impersonate" email addresses and block them, so you may need to also check with your email admin.

If you are still having trouble, our support team would be happy to help - just click on the Help Center link at the top right of your screen, then click Create Support Ticket.

Thanks!

AR
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Barbara,

Thanks for helping me to setup the email notification. We verified the SMTP server setup and we are good to get email notifications, but not really in all the places.

I am not receiving the email when the task is assigned/modified/deleted. I went to see the email alert through Home > Email Alerts.

There, I can see the Team Member Tasks. I enabled both the options, but still email is not been sent. Can you please help me out with this issue.

Thanks!

Ananthi Ramachandran
    AR
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Barbara,

We are unable to open the attachment from Defects Module through the Browsers Chrome and Firefox. Can you help us out with this.

Thanks,

Ananthi Ramachandran
  • Hi Ananthi -

I think our Support Team will be the best resource for your email issue and the attachment issue.

Could you please submit a Support Ticket for each problem? You can easily do so by logging into ALMComplete / QAComplete, look for "Help Center" at the top right of your screen. Click on Help Center, then Create Support Ticket.

Please take some screen shots of what you are seeing and include them. That will help us get you set up correctly.

The email issue is likely a configuration issue.

The attachment issue might be either a server issue (MIME types on the server) or a browser issue.

Thanks!