Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

New Domain Setup

Originally posted by user brad.samuels to the Stoplight Community on 11/04/2022 at 01:30 ET.

Hi, I am currently looking at creating a custom CNAME DNS entry for my Stoplight documentation and cannot find anything in the docs around domain redirections. I can see the Redirections page covers path redirections, but doesn't mention anything about the domain redirections. What I am hoping to find out: If my domain was example.stoplight.io and was updated to be docs.example.com, when a customer visits example.stoplight.io, will they be redirected to docs.example.com or experience an Error 404?

• Skinghar (Staff) [11/07/2022 - 17:00 ET]

Hello brad.samuels, YThe CNAME for the stoplight subdomain would need to be updated, however this is not a service that we offer. However, if you wanted docs.example.com to redirect to example.stoplight.io (note this is the opposite direction) that would be something you could do by modifying your own DNS records and CNAME.

3 Replies

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Skinghar (Staff) [11/07/2022 - 17:00 ET]

Hello brad.samuels, YThe CNAME for the stoplight subdomain would need to be updated, however this is not a service that we offer. However, if you wanted docs.example.com to redirect to example.stoplight.io (note this is the opposite direction) that would be something you could do by modifying your own DNS records and CNAME.