Forum Discussion

TC_UserP
Contributor
7 years ago

QA Complete - JIRA Synchronization

Hello Team,

We tried to perform a synchronization between QA Completete and JIRA (Idea was to sync data from JIRA to QA Complete). I followed the steps provided in the below document.

https://downloads.smartbear.com/QAComplete/Enterprise/114/QAComplete-Integration-for-JIRA-Plugin.pdf

However, I just did a basic synchronization using the mandatory fields only. But, once I click on "DONE". I have no information on the syncing and also I do not see that the JIRA items are synchronized into the QA Complete.

1. Does the process run n background? Because, I have selected "Synchronize all" option.

Or is there anything I am missing out?

I have attached the screenshots of the steps I followed.

Kindly. help!

9 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ,

Thank you for your post! The synchronization is working in the background, so you shouldn't see any status of progress.
    You can verify that the synchronization you have configured works correctly by doing the following:

• You can modify a mapped field in one system and make sure that the appropriate field is updated in another system.
    • Make sure that the synchronization is bi-directional, that is, items in both systems are updated.
    • Make sure that when you create a new item in one system, the appropriate item is created in another system.
      TC_UserP
      Contributor

Thank You for the reply!

But it unfortunately does not happen. I do not see any sync happened in the QA Complete. The QA Complete is absolutely blank. Is there any specific setting that we should configure before the synchronization.

Also, is there a one way sync possible. I do not have anything in my QA Complete and I only want to transfer my data from JIRA to QAComplete.

Thanks in advance.

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Is there any specific setting that we should configure before the synchronization?

No, you just need to walk through the whole mapping procedure and click DONE.

Is there a one way sync possible?  

No, the synchronization works in two ways.

I recommend that you check the mapping settings once again - maybe you didn't map some required fields which are required in Jira. Note that, currently, QAC integration page doesn't show all required fields in Jira. To know the required fields in Jira, please open the corresponding Jira project and click the Create button on the top toolbar. The required fields are marked with the asterisk.

If you configure the synchronization as described in this article: Configure Basic Field Mapping and check all required fields in Jira, but the synchronization still doesn't work, please open a new support case: https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=qacomplete.

To help us assist you better, please provide the following info:

• Let us know the JIRA edition (Cloud or Server) and the version you're using.
        • A version of the QAC Jira plugin installed.
        • A screenshot of the QAComplete - JIRA Field Mapping screen.

If you use QAC SaaS, please also let us know the following:

- when approximately you faced the issue last time (the time, date and time zone);
        - Jira key(s) or QAC id(s) of the problematic items.