Forum Discussion

kmarino
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Jira Connector: Error - unable to load mapping settings

I am able to successfully connect to Jira and QAComplete and was able to successfully import a few bugs. But when I try and load the mappings tab in the connector I get a "Unable to load mappings settings" error.  

Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks

• Turns out we had duplicate user records in Jira, which did not show up in the interface. Once cleared mappings worked

11 Replies

• Hi,

Can you check in the Jira tab that you have the correct credentials. If so I would recommend raising a support ticket and they can go through the mappings on your system and verify everything is set up correctly. It may be that you haven't defined the correct custom columns in QAComplete that are in Jira

Kind Regards

Damien 

Technical Sales Engineer

kmarino
      Occasional Contributor

Custom Columns, huh?  Why would I need custom columns. Isn't the whole point of mapping fields is to do just that. Also I do not see any mention in documentation of this. 

Could you post a link where this is discussed?

Thanks

DWalsh

Hi 

QAComplete has some defined columns however in Jira columns associated with defects may not necessarily be in QAComplete hence the reason for allowing you to modify the mapping.

In relation to custom columns, please review page 10 of the user guide which discusses custom column.

http://www.softwareplanner.com/JIRAConnector.pdf

Kind Regards

Damien