Forum Discussion

lsainsbury
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Property Checkpoint taking 15 seconds to verify

I'm running a simple test that checks four values from a field, the Property Checkpoints are taking 15 seconds to verify the data. However when I run another test that checks some values, they take 1 second each, does anybody know why this might be?

The window is definitely active, as it is always active (it is a tab field) it is just not always visible and is clicked on then the data is checked.
  • So I ended up finding a strange solution to this problem, I don't know if it will help you Marsha but i'll explain anyway.

I have attached a file of the tabbed window so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

I was checking the data from the Common tab, so I had to simulate a left click to make the common tab visible. While I was creating the rest of the tests I missed out a left click by accident which means we were still in the Line tab, however the Property Checkpoints still passed.

Apparently, the Common tab is still visible even though we can't see it on the screen, and the Property Checkpoints went through in 1 second.

I have no idea why this is lol but it works :)

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    We've also observed that Property Checkpoints take a long time, but I don't know why that is.  If it's just one, no big deal, but in some tests we have quite a few in a row and we ended up putting them in a Group and controlling them with a parameter so if we want to run the test quickly, we only check one or a few and not every single checkpoint.

I'd also be interested in finding out why this happens.
  • Indeed, it hasn't been a problem until now. But I've just got around to writing the Smoke Tests, and most of the tests use the same fields to verify data, I'm worried that the Smoke Test will take that long, that it just won't be a viable option anymore, unless I can get the same data from the application by other means.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Looks like we were doing something similar.  Our smoke test had a bunch of property checkpoints in it and it ran slow. 

You can always use an If Then to build your own comparison.  I don't see those slowing down like I do the Property Checkpoints.
  • So I ended up finding a strange solution to this problem, I don't know if it will help you Marsha but i'll explain anyway.

I have attached a file of the tabbed window so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

I was checking the data from the Common tab, so I had to simulate a left click to make the common tab visible. While I was creating the rest of the tests I missed out a left click by accident which means we were still in the Line tab, however the Property Checkpoints still passed.

Apparently, the Common tab is still visible even though we can't see it on the screen, and the Property Checkpoints went through in 1 second.

I have no idea why this is lol but it works :)
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    I will check and see if it's a visibility issue in ours.  Thanks!