Forum Discussion

dbrownhi
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

How to make Collaborator read-only

We are in the process of updating our Collaborator server instance to the latest and greatest.  How can I make the old Collaborator server (version 7.2.7237) read-only?  I don't want user's to create new reviews, but I do want folks to be able to access existing reviews.  I am not interested in porting the old reviews to the new Collaborator - it will be installed on a new server.

Thanks,

David

• Unfortunately, it is not possible to configure Collaborator in read-only mode.

However, you could change some settings in Collaborator to restrict some permissions or access. For example, under "Admin > Access Restrictions(tab)", you could modify these fields:
    Restrict Access to Fix Defect:, Allow Create Review to:, Restrict Access to Review:, Restrict Uploads to / Deletes from Review

Under "Admin > Review Process(tab)", you could change the following fields:
    Allow Reopening Completed Reviews:, Allow Editing General Information of Completed Reviews:, Allow Deleting/Cancelling Reviews.

In addition to that, you can also disable all the remote system integrations under "Admin > "Remote System Integration > Integration Status(tab)"

One last modification would be to disable the Notifications, set the "Enable Email Notifications:" field to "No" under "Admin > Email > Configuration(tab)".

I hope this helps!

1 Reply

• Unfortunately, it is not possible to configure Collaborator in read-only mode.

However, you could change some settings in Collaborator to restrict some permissions or access. For example, under "Admin > Access Restrictions(tab)", you could modify these fields:
    Restrict Access to Fix Defect:, Allow Create Review to:, Restrict Access to Review:, Restrict Uploads to / Deletes from Review

Under "Admin > Review Process(tab)", you could change the following fields:
    Allow Reopening Completed Reviews:, Allow Editing General Information of Completed Reviews:, Allow Deleting/Cancelling Reviews.

In addition to that, you can also disable all the remote system integrations under "Admin > "Remote System Integration > Integration Status(tab)"

One last modification would be to disable the Notifications, set the "Enable Email Notifications:" field to "No" under "Admin > Email > Configuration(tab)".

I hope this helps!