Forum Discussion

geoffrey_mecoy
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

"Real" repeat alerts

Is there a way to set the email alerts that get cut out on monitors to send once when they repeat? 

For example, let's say that site MonitorExample.com has monitors set to check the site from four locations every five minutes utilizing Global Verify. The website goes down for all four locations. All the notifiers get four email alerts, one for each location. Exactly what I want.

Now, let's say that it takes 20 minutes to bring the site online. Is there a way to set the email alert to send out only those first notifications, instead of emails for each location every five minutes? 

Thanks!
  • You can update the notification frequency and trigger for each Recipient under "Alerts - Alert Recipients" in the console, under the Synthetic category:

- Select the recipient to modify in the left panel and click the 'Edit Recipient' button.  

- Click the 'Availability Alerts' tab in the new window

- You can update how many errors it takes to trigger an alert. In your case you may stick with using the default; just 1 error sends an alert.

- You can also update when to stop alerts, the default is 10. In your case you should update this to 4, and after the first 4 errors alert you, the notifications will stop until the error clears.

- If you don't want to send the 'Clear' you can uncheck that box below in the same window.

- Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom to complete the change

- Repeat the process for each Recipient

Hope that helps!

~ Scott

3 Replies

• You can update the notification frequency and trigger for each Recipient under "Alerts - Alert Recipients" in the console, under the Synthetic category:

- Select the recipient to modify in the left panel and click the 'Edit Recipient' button.  

- Click the 'Availability Alerts' tab in the new window

- You can update how many errors it takes to trigger an alert. In your case you may stick with using the default; just 1 error sends an alert.

- You can also update when to stop alerts, the default is 10. In your case you should update this to 4, and after the first 4 errors alert you, the notifications will stop until the error clears.

- If you don't want to send the 'Clear' you can uncheck that box below in the same window.

- Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom to complete the change

- Repeat the process for each Recipient

Hope that helps!

~ Scott

geoffrey_mecoy
    Occasional Contributor
    This is great, Scott, thank you! I think this answers my question -- what I'm really looking for, obviously, is a middleware type solution to weed out repeats, but this is a great interim solution -- thanks again!
    abeha
    Occasional Visitor

For example, let's say that site MonitorExample.com has monitors set to check the site from four locations every five minutes utilizing Global Verify. The website goes down for all four locations. All the notifiers get four email alerts, one for each location. Exactly what I want.