Forum Discussion

Geocentrix
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

AQtime 8.71 does not start C++Builder 10.2 application

I am running the Trial Edition of AQtime 8.71 prior to a decision whether to purchase or not. My app is a 32-bit Windows program built with Embarcadero 10.2 Tokyo. I am running on Windows 10 (v1803), 64-bit.

When I run the Performance Profiler, after various modules are loaded, nothing happens - my program doesa not appear on the screen and so there is nothing to profile.

Windows Task Manager shows my app is running (taking up 16% of CPU) but it is nowhere to be seen.

Has anyone else experience this and have a solution?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew

11 Replies

Geocentrix
    Occasional Contributor

Alex

Yes, I have followed the instructions for preparing my application. AQtime finds and loads the debug information, reports the functions it cannot instrument, and then ... nothing happens.

I wonder whether there is some limit on the amount of debug info AQtime can handle?

Now that I have found the supplied sample apps, I have confirmed that AQtime works for a  trivial app.

I have followed your advice and put in a bug report to SB.

Thanks for your efforts.

andrew

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi Andrew,

i have followed your advice and put in a big report to SB.

For the potential benefit of others, I will appreciate it if you update this thread with the results that you will get with Support...

StephaneGrobety
        Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I am facing exactly the same issue with Delphi 10.2.3 (using AQTime standard from getIt): the process is started and shows up in the process list the application code doesn't run at all.

I tried installing the "pro" trial, since the getIt version is apparently outdated (and without a clear way to be updated) but that installer hangs on "License Manager service installation".

I'd appreciate if you could explain how you solved your itssue (if you did solve it)

Thanks,

Stephane