Forum Discussion

andrewpmast
Contributor
14 years ago

Installation: BackingStoreException: java.io.FileNotFound

I don't recall getting this message on previous builds I've been installing.... installing from console, I get:

Jul 13, 2010 9:32:57 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences syncWorld
WARNING: Couldn't flush system prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/install4j/installations/prefs.tmp (Permission denied)

I don't seem to have any problems operating LOADUI. After checking The prefs.xml file is indeed residing in /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/install4j/installations/ and it is true that I don't have write privileges to this file.

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I guess you were installing as user not super user, and install4j tries to write to directory for which you need super user. I have seen this many times when installing something that uses install4j. But everything works fine...

robert
  • eviware support wrote:
    I guess you were installing as user not super user, and install4j tries to write to directory for which you need super user. I have seen this many times when installing something that uses install4j. But everything works fine...robert

Thanks Robert. You are correct, I did a local user install. I have problems doing sudo install as noted here: http://www.eviware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3941#p14087

Well, in summary, I don't have issues like this with SOAPUI as local or sudo user... perhaps install4j is not in SOAPUI... so, since I can get LOADUI to still run locally with no problems, I'm happy.

Thanks!
    Andy