Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAPUI returns <not-xml/> in Request and Response

SOLVED
deluycmi
New Contributor

SOAPUI returns <not-xml/> in Request and Response

Hello,

Last week, I got a new computer from work and had to migrate my data from my old one. I had to reinstall all my programs, including ReadyAPI. I imported the SOAP-projects from my old PC on to the new one. I encountered follow problem:

For some reason, whenever I execute a TestCase, both the Response and Request have a value of <not-xml/>. See screenshot attached.

I already viewed the forum and "Discard Succesful Results" under "Default Test Case Options" is unchecked in my Preferences.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deluycmi
New Contributor

Re: SOAPUI returns <not-xml/> in Request and Response

Hello,

With the help of the SmartBear support, I found a solution to my problem today.

My TestCases are mostly request within a data-driven loop. In ReadyAPI Version 2.3.0, a new option was introduced to reduce the memory consumption during data-driven testing.

In the configuration of the DataSource Loop, there is an option "Discard PASS Results with Loop".

See following screenshot:

solution-sc.PNG

This option needs to be unchecked, because it basically does the same thing as the "Discard Succesful Result" under the "Default Test Case Options" in the general Preferences.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Nastya_Khovrina

Hi deluycmi,

Thank you for your post. The test history functionality may be disabled if the database schema is not compatible with the current version of ReadyAPI. Please see the screenshot:

Disabled.pngPlease doulbe-click on the problematic test case or test suite and select Update.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
deluycmi
New Contributor

Hi Anastasia,

Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to Update the test case or test suite to work with the latest version.

The option simply is not available.

Friendly regards,

Mike

deluycmi
New Contributor

Hello,

With the help of the SmartBear support, I found a solution to my problem today.

My TestCases are mostly request within a data-driven loop. In ReadyAPI Version 2.3.0, a new option was introduced to reduce the memory consumption during data-driven testing.

In the configuration of the DataSource Loop, there is an option "Discard PASS Results with Loop".

See following screenshot:

solution-sc.PNG

This option needs to be unchecked, because it basically does the same thing as the "Discard Succesful Result" under the "Default Test Case Options" in the general Preferences.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem.

View solution in original post

pallavimistry
Regular Visitor

Thanks, this was the exact issue I faced today and your solution helped a lot. Thanks again !

kellkevin
New Contributor

I still have issues with xml request. It still appears as not-xml but I do have that option set off. Was there something I'm missing?

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 4.11.52 PM.png

deluycmi
New Contributor

Hi @kellkevin,

Can you check your TestCase Options? There should also be a checkbox for "Discard Succesful Results" that should be unchecked.

testcase-opt.PNG

That's the only other issue I can think about.

Mike

Nastya_Khovrina

@kellkevin,

Also, please pay attention to the Max Results Test Case option:

https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Why-do-I-get-empty-requests-and-responses...

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
kellkevin
New Contributor

Actually, I can see the headers now, thanks to that advice, but I cannot see the payload request. Still shows up as <not-xml>. I know the trace gives me the right xml from the sender, but I cannot see it in the raw. 

Nastya_Khovrina

Hi kellkevin,

Can you please provide a full application screenshot?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors