Forum Discussion

Gkm
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Soapui Script Assertion, when Json response return as string

My Json response(which return as string),

"[{\"sysSerial\":5,\"policyName\":\"hold\",\"uploadPolicyTypes\":[{\"sysSerial\":36,\"uploadPolicyId\":5,\"type\":null,\"isUploadMetaData\":true}]}]"

My Script Assertion,

But I'm getting an error "A JSON payload should start with an openning curly brace '{' or an openning square bracket '['.
Instead, '"[{"sysSerial":5,"policyName":"hold"...' was found on line: 1, column: 1"

How to fix this script, I just want to assert that my response should not be empty and sysSerial is equal to 5.

• So I have fixed my own problem by simple regular expressions , Thank you nmrao  once again for giving me an idea.

Here is the code,

//imports
    import groovy.json.JsonSlurper

//grab the response
    def ResponseMessage = messageExchange.response.responseContent

// replace "(starting&ending), [](starting&ending) and \ with space from response
    def TrimResponse =ResponseMessage.replaceAll('^\"|\"$','').replaceAll('^\\[|\\]$','')replaceAll('\\\\','')

//define a JsonSlurper
    def jsonSlurper = new JsonSlurper().parseText(TrimResponse)

//verify the slurper isn't empty
    assert !(jsonSlurper.isEmpty())

assert jsonSlurper.sysSerial != null
    assert jsonSlurper.sysSerial == 5
    assert jsonSlurper.uploadPolicyTypes[0].sysSerial == 36

Cheers,

Geeta

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Gkm,
    If the error message is noticed, it explains the reason. i.e., what you are receiving is not a valid json, hence the that error.

I would suggest you to contact the service provider (if external) or your team (if internal). A potential application defect.