Forum Discussion

Prudential_UK_A
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Refactoring fails with xsd extension

Hi,
Our schema contains an element party defined in our xsd. The xsd also has an Individual type that extends party. In our requests we have party elements and we use xsi:type to specify that they are actually Individuals.
When I do a validate of the message t passes ok, however when I do a refactor I get error message "Message did not match old schema: Could not find meta model for firstName in -->" firstName is a child of Individual.
How do I resolve this problem?
Regards
Peter

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Peter,

Could you please send us your wsdl files, the old one as well as the new one that you are refactoring by, so that we could reproduce the issue.
    If it's more convenient you can send them to support@eviware.com

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    Lars
    Contributor
    Hi Peter,

We have added handling for extension in the WSDL schema, which should solve your problem. This will be available in the next nightly build. Please check it out!

Regards,
    Lars, eviware.com
    Prudential_UK_A
    Frequent Contributor
    I have tried with the nightly build 2009-10-28 and it is getting a bit further with that example I sent you.
    one problem I notice is that it loses the XML namespaces.
    the old request has as it's first line:

and the new request:
    Lars
    Contributor
    I have fixed the namespace problem. There is still a problem with one element in the example, but I'm not sure if that can be automated, I think it needs to be handled manually.

This fix will be available in the next nightly build. Hope everything works fine then!

Regards,
    Lars, evivare.com