KristinaA
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
New Idea

Used keyword test parameters get incorrect order after changes

Hi colleagues,

I use many parameterized keyword tests and there is a problem when I need to edit parameters (add new, change order, delete). Parameters are not refreshed properly in used keyword tests. The worst thing is that if you remove or add new parameters except at the end, next parameters get incorrect values.

Let’s say we have

#  parameter name    value

1  email                     email@email.com

2  password               1111

Now we add one more parameter “email confirm” in the second position. Used keyword test would ask to confirm “Test1 expects a different number of parameters. Update information on the parameters?” if you click yes, you get incorrect order of test parameters, because email_confirm gets password’s value.

#  parameter name    value

1  email                      email@email.com

2  email_confirm       1111

3  password                 

Instead of empty value in email confirm parameter we get previous parameter’s value. Automated update could be suggested by TestComplete when order of test parameters is changed.

I would like to ask all TestComplete users who use parameters in test cases to increase my ticket and get fix from SmartBear. Let's show that this fix is important!

Thanks in advance,

Kristina

6 Comments

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Thankfully I have not seen this issue.  What version of TestComplete are you using?

KristinaA
    Occasional Contributor

Currently I use TC 10.40.2015, but in detailed fixes of TC 10.60 I found "Changing the order of keyword test parameters now updates the parameter order in Run Keyword Test operations that call the test." so I am planning to upgrade and see if this issue still exists, because TC support said that they are not going to fix this issue right now, because I am the only one person who reported this. It's confusing, so when I test it, I will right results here and it will be clear :)

KristinaA
    Occasional Contributor

Situation in 10.60.3387 is much better. Main problem is solved. Great! Order of test parameters is updated properly when you click to edit used keyword test.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

KristinaA Actually this is/was a bug? Or is it a combination of a bug fix (solved by 10.x version) and still some feature request left?

KristinaA
    Occasional Contributor

mgroen2 Actually this issue is solved, I have tested on TC 11.31 version, so I think new version of TC has this fix as well. Planning to upgrade in two months when I have a time for it. Sorry for so long delay, I had a break...