rpfaucher1
Contributor
2 years ago
New Idea

Please support Chrome V107

Hello we have upgraded to Chrome V107 and find that the latest TestComplete no longer "recognizes" various pop ups and the such when we run our scripts or try and use the "Spy" to see the pop ups etc... this issue has only appeared since we upgraded to Chrome 107

Thank you.

12 Comments

• I agree, lol, until then I just use what I call a "Bulldoze" approach for pop ups.... where the pop up happen... I turn error logging off.... send an "Enter" to the browser, and then turn error logging back on.

Sort of a temp hack I guess... as I don't really care about the pop ups... as I assume if a real issue it will fail on next commands etc...

So script looks a little like this:

Log.Enabled=False

Set onscreenObj = Sys.Browser("chrome").BrowserWindow(0)
       Sleep 2000
           onscreenObj.Keys "[Enter]"
       Sleep 2000

Log.Enabled=True

Of course this works if you don't really care whether the pop up pops up or not, and that by sending an "Enter" it will take the default action ("OK" Etc) for the pop up.  

By turning off the log, it will not "Fail" the test if the popup exists or not.... by turning it back on, its back to business as usual if there is an error.

Anyways, that is a temp work around for me... everyone else has different needs etc... so may not be any kind of temp solution for them etc... but for "me" and in this particular scenario... it gets my script through.  Lol

Again would be great if latest TestComplete and latest browsers always worked...  IMO SmartBear is usually pretty quick on at least generating a patch to handle these scenarios... I have not checked recently for a patch now, so not sure if they have generated one since folks logging the issue etc.  

tjohn
    Occasional Contributor

We have experienced similar "no longer recognizing pop ups" issue multiple times in the past. But, they occurred when TestComplete gets upgraded to newer versions. I wish Smart bear can look closer into pop up handling - when TestComplete &/or Browsers get updated.